Each of us is given a unique set of abilities for the purpose of serving God and each other (Ephesians 2:10). Below are just some of the ways you can use your interests and passion to help the church thrive or to help those in our community. Some opportunities are on occasion and others require a more committed level, while some roles require as little as 20 minutes. Most are scheduled on a weekly, monthly, or seasonal rotation. We encourage you to try something new and if you’re still unsure, we’ll be happy to help you find the perfect fit for your interests and availability.
To get connected, just click on the person listed with each position.
[/vc_column_text][vc_text_separator title=”Welcome Team” el_width=”50″][vc_column_text]The Welcome Team Ministry enjoys helping make others feel comfortable and welcome at MCC.
- Greeting: Welcome guests at the door, hand out bulletins, and just be friendly! Tricia Patton
- Coffee & Donuts: Be willing to provide fresh donuts or help prepare the coffee/hot chocolate dispenser. Jinger Hoffman
- Communion Prep: Prepare Communion bread & juice on trays for Sunday worship services. Jinger Hoffman
- Special Events: For those who love to cook, this role assists with fellowship dinners, special events, and banquets as needed. Kevin Noble
[/vc_column_text][vc_text_separator title=”Production Team” el_width=”50″][vc_column_text]
Production Team members help create a relevant worship environment during our Modern worship service. Experience is helpful, but we are willing to train. Rob Kasler
- Sound Board: Work with a mixer board, sound equipment, or recording software.
- Lighting: This position involves using a DMX Light Board to control lighting & stage effects during the modern service.
- Stage: New stage sets are designed and constructed on an as-needed basis. If you’re creative or handy with basic tools, we can use your help!
- Worship: We are always looking for those with a God-given talent vocally or instrumentally. Opportunities for both services.
[/vc_column_text][vc_text_separator title=”MCC Youth Ministry ” el_width=”50″][vc_column_text]
Children and Student Ministries are a top priority for us. Caring volunteers help our youth grow in their faith and love for Christ, from birth all the way through high school.
- Nursery: Show God’s love by caring for infants and toddlers through age 2. Wii Kidz is for all preschoolers. Both services. Tricia Patton
- iKidz: (K to 5th grade) Volunteers are needed for both services & Wednesday nights. Lots of playing, & lessons are provided. Rob Kasler
- Fusion: (Jr & Sr High) Invest in our next generation by working with our teens on Wednesday nights. Tyler Chappell
[/vc_column_text][vc_text_separator title=”Life Groups” el_width=”50″][vc_column_text]Small groups of 6-12 people who meet regularly are one of the best ways to build relationships and grow in your walk with God. If you would like to start or lead a group, we would love to talk with you. Rob Kasler[/vc_column_text][vc_text_separator title=”Compassion Ministry” el_width=”50″][vc_column_text]
Serve people in our community or provide a helping hand to charitable organizations in our area.
- MCC Food Pantry: Help with the collection or distribution of food & personal products as needed. Mitzi Waidman
- Missions Committee: This team reviews & recommends local and global mission projects for MCC to support each year. Carol Gibson
- Haven of Rest: (Akron) Serve individually or as a group with MCC. Typically on Saturdays every other month. Rob Kasler
- Refuge of Hope: (Canton) Serve individually or as a group with MCC. Typically on Saturdays every other month. Rob Kasler
- Tiqvah Hands of Hope: (Canton) Assist with homework, hot meals, and mentoring of inner-city students. Bill Wells
- Prayer Ministry: A powerful ministry dedicated to praying over special needs & requests as they arise. Jinger Hoffman
[/vc_column_text][vc_text_separator title=”Sports Ministry” el_width=”50″][vc_column_text]
Love sports? Use your passion to be a part of our Community Outreach Ministry. We offer volleyball, basketball, and softball for ages 16 and up. Volunteer opportunities are seasonal. Tyler Chappell
[/vc_column_text][vc_text_separator title=”Facility Team” el_width=”50″][vc_column_text]
This team appreciates the value of being good stewards of our property and buildings. Dennis Patton
- Repairs/Indoor Maintenance: If you are experienced or skilled with repairs, we could use your help on an as-needed basis.
- Outdoor Grounds Maintenance: If you like working outside, we always need help with mowing, painting, snow shoveling, weeding, mulching, etc.