Thank you for your interest in serving at MCC. God has given every person a unique set of abilities in order to serve others (Ephesians 2:10). Below are many ways to use your God-given gifts to help the church thrive or to help those in our community. There are opportunities to serve occasionally and on a more committed level with some roles requiring as little as 20 minutes. Most are scheduled on a weekly, monthly, or seasonal rotation. We encourage you to try something new. And if you’re still unsure, we’ll be happy to help you find the perfect fit for your interests and availability.
To get connected, just click on the person listed with each position.
The Welcome Team Ministry enjoys making others feel comfortable and welcome every Sunday.
- Greeting: Welcome guests at the door and hand out bulletins. Greeters specialize in hospitality & making others feel welcome. Tricia Patton
- Coffee & Donuts: Be willing to provide fresh donuts or help prepare the coffee/hot chocolate dispenser. Jinger Hoffman
- Communion Prep: Prepare Communion bread & juice on trays for Sunday worship services. Jinger Hoffman
- Special Events: For those who love to cook, this role assists with fellowship dinners, special events, and banquets as needed. Kevin Noble
Production Team members help create a relevant worship environment during our Modern worship service. Experience is helpful, but we are willing to train. Rob Kasler
- Sound Board: Work with a mixer board, sound equipment, or recording software.
- Lighting: This position involves using a DMX Light Board to control lighting & stage effects during the modern service.
- Stage: New stage sets are designed and constructed on an as-needed basis. If you’re creative or handy with basic tools, we can use your help!
- Worship: We are always looking for those with a God-given talent vocally or instrumentally. Opportunities for both services.
MCC Youth Ministry
Our Children and Student Ministries are a top priority for us. Caring volunteers help our youth grow in their faith and love for Christ, from birth to high school.
- Nursery: Show God’s love by caring for infants & children through pre-kindergarten age. Both services. Tricia Patton
- iKidz: (Pre-k to 5th grade) Volunteers are needed for both services & Wednesday nights. Lots of playing, & lessons are provided. Rob Kasler
- Exit 109: (Jr & Sr High) Invest in our next generation by working with our teens on Wednesday nights. Tyler Chappell
Small groups of 6-12 people who meet regularly are one of the best ways to build relationships and grow in your walk with God. If you would like to start or lead a group, we would love to talk with you. Rob Kasler
There are many ways you can join with us to serve people in our community or provide a helping hand to charitable organizations in our area.
- MCC Food Pantry: Help with the collection or distribution of food & personal products as needed. Mitzi Waidman
- Missions Committee: This team reviews & recommends mission projects, locally and globally, for MCC to support each year. Carol Gibson
- Haven of Rest: (Akron) Serve individually or as a group with MCC. Typically on Saturdays every other month. Rob Kasler
- Refuge of Hope: (Canton) Serve individually or as a group with MCC. Typically on Saturdays every other month. Rob Kasler
- Tiqvah Hands of Hope: (Canton) Assist with homework, hot meals, and mentoring of inner-city students. Bill Wells
- Prayer Ministry: A powerful ministry dedicated to praying over special needs & requests as they arise. Jinger Hoffman
Love sports? Use your passion to be a part of our Community Outreach Ministry. We offer volleyball, basketball, and softball for ages 16 and up. Volunteer opportunities are seasonal. Tyler Chappell
This team appreciates the value of being good stewards of our property and buildings, inside and out. Dennis Patton
- Repairs/Indoor Maintenance: If you are experienced or skilled with repairs, we could use your help on an as-needed basis.
- Outdoor Grounds Maintenance: If you like working outside, we always need help with mowing, painting, snow shoveling, weeding, mulching, etc.